Table of Contents:1. Forum rules and Regulations!Please read these before posting.2. First stage troubleshooting3. Banned email addresses
4. If you still can't post
- we maintain a spammer email blacklist
- email services that are allowed
- tips to avoid the filters
- notes on IP banning
5. Reporting Infractions / Contacting the Authorities
- how to contact an admin, and how to get the best results
- How to help us admins keep this place clean and/or get in touch with us.
--------------------------1. Forum rules and RegulationsThe following four things will get you banned from posting:Advertising.
Whether you are posting a link to a commercial page as a service to other forum-goers or you are in fact on the payroll of said site and are therefore using the instantboats.com forums for free advertising will be decided on a case-by-case basis. Tip:
If you are posting a link to a commercial site, make sure the context is clear. Clear context prevents mistakes on the part of moderators.Spamming
This goes without saying we hope.Trolling
"Trolling" refers to posting things with inflammatory content to deliberately get a rise from other posters. Another thing that goes without saying.Personal attacks and Flaming
If you can't debate something without resorting to ad hominems or getting extremely angry, you may receive a time-out from posting. We take personal attacks of any kind very seriously.
And please don't get worked up, at the end of the day it's just a web forum
, and your angry posting may be deleted or have consequences for your posting privileges.In general:
- Be polite.
- Do not make arguments personal, or use ad hominems to prove your point.
- Post your topics in the correct forum, as indicated by the forum name and description.
- Keep on topic or create a new thread.
- Do not quote objectionable posts (that fit the above criteria), otherwise your post will have to be moderated too.
- "Rated G" only.
- The decisions of administrators and moderators are final.
- These rules are subject to change at any time.
2. First stage troubleshooting
- Any post made on this forum is the sole responsiblity of the poster. Instant Boats, its Affiliats, Admins or Mods are not responsible or held liable by any legal term for the content, deletion, edit or preservation of any post.
- The Admins and Mods of this forum do not have the time to edit posts therefore, they may be deleted at their discretion at any time if they are deemed inappropriate.
If you are having trouble posting on this forum, please check these things first. It takes about fifteen seconds, and saves some time if you end up having to ask for help.
- Are you logged in? (Or have you registered, for that matter?) You must be registered to login, and you must be logged in to post.
- Do you have browser cookies enabled? The forum software cannot keep you logged in unless you allow it to set cookies.
- Have you clicked the account activation link emailed to you after registration?
Please note that:We reserve the right to delete inactive accounts (unused for over a month after creation).
That said, we would prefer it if people came back after a year of non-posting rather than not at all, so we won't actually be doing this without a very good reason.3. Banned email addresses
If the above fails, it could be your email address has been blocked from posting. In order to slow spam down, we have been forced to block all email addresses from certain domains from posting. Note that we have tried to steer clear of more popular and legitimate services, though the volume of spam coming from some of these is not small. We apologize if your email address has been blacklisted, and if you contact an admin (see section 4) we can resolve the situation.The following email services will never be banned unless announced otherwise (i.e. you will hear about it):GmailYahoo!MSN
Please note that though we will not outright ban all email from the above addresses, if we discover a poster with an email address from one of the above posting spam, we will ban that specific email address. The absolutely surefire way to avoid problems with email services that we've blocked is to use the email address given to you by your internet service provider to register your account.On IP banning:
We do not ban IP addresses except in extreme cases, as there may be unintended consequences in today's world of dynamically assigned addresses.4. If you still can't post
Please send an email to an admin via this address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please say something to demonstrate that you are in fact a legitimate poster and have constructive things to say or questions about boat building. Poor grammar and spelling will not
work in your favor, as most spam messages feature this prominently. Don't worry if English is simply not your best language, since it will still probably be fairly obvious if you are serious about posting for constructive purposes.
It may be that your account or email address has been hijacked by someone else to post spam. If this is the case, we will work to resolve the issue.5. Reporting infractions
Please, if some spam, offensive posting, or forum terms of service violation gets by our vigilance, send an email or personal message (PM) to an admin (as per instructions in section 4 of this post), preferably with a link to or an exact description of the issue, and we will deal with it.
If you opt to use a PM instead of email, please send it to one of the following people:LoneIgadzra
Thanks for paying attention to all this!
- Instant Boats forum admin